Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I closed his door

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die. . .

I lost a friend this weekend. He was a residant at my work, and since I'm not sure how much I can talk about, I will have to keep this vague. I know in my mind that he and all the choises he made were a gift from God, but doesn't stop the tears as I look at his med cabinet, or expect to see him come down the stairs for some food, and I realise that he won't come down those stairs again. I was hit pretty hard by this, because I called work in the middle of the night on Saturday and was blind sided by the fact that he had passed away. I had been meaning to visit him at the hospital, but I never got around to it. But now I think that this was a good thing, because now my last memory of him, is of laughter. A couple of nights before he went into the hospital, he had come down for some food. As I was walking him back to bed, he made a smart-assed comment on how I would make an exellent prison guard, so of course I retaliated, and he returned fire, and this went on for about five minutes. Then he got into bed, I told him to have a good night and I closed his door.

Lord Jesus, Please speak to my heart. It hurts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you God that you are Jason's comfort. Thank you that he's turning to you in this difficult situation of the loss of a friend. Would you continue blessing Jason with these good memories of this man. Heal the hurt. Jason, be "released" to mourn the loss of your friend. I lost a good friend of mine last year and it's so hard! We just have to mourn like those who have hope - and we have the greatest hope of all, Jesus! I'm praying for you!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home